This page has information on the following topics:
Activities you can do:
- Walk Across Texas, a program sponsored by the Texas A&M Agricultural Extension Service, helps promote physical fitness and does not require close contact with others. https://howdyhealth.org
- Digital Resources for Children from the American Library Association.
- While schools are closed, have your children write notes, color pictures, or draw something kind and mail them to local nursing homes. The elderly in those homes are at the greatest risk and possibly not being allowed visitors. This might brighten someone’s day. – Lucy Fuller Contreras
- Fort Worth Botanic Garden will be open summer hours (8 a.m.-6 p.m.) March 14-21, and will have free admission during that time.
- Fluency and fitness is offering three free weeks to parents to provide activities to children at home.
- Free Websites for kids ABCya
- Highlights Kids
- Into the Book
- National Geographic Kids
- PBS Kids
- Starfall Education
- Storyline Online
- Switch Zoo Animal Games
- Resources for teaching online due to school closures
- Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is making free resources available to teachers
- Studies Weekly opened its online curriculum platform free to all users.
- Virtual Field Trips
- Brookshire’s in Willow Park has modified its business hours. Business hours will be from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Fort Worth-Dallas businesses (From WFAA)
- H-E-B – Stores will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. H-E-B Statement
- Starbucks has stopped offering any seating at all of its stores nationwide and all of its services will be to-go only as of Sunday, March 15. Starbucks Statement
- Walmart – Starting March 15, Walmart stores and Neighborhood Markets will be open 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. until further notice. Walmart Statement
- Willow Park Ace Hardware will take phone-in or online orders and deliver your order to your car.
- Aledo United Methodist Church – Worship will be conducted online. https://aledoumc.org
- Church at the Crossing will have a virtual-only services. http://crossingaledo.com
- New River Fellowship worship services will be live-streamed at 9:15 a.m. and will be available after that. https://www.newriver.tv
- Willow Park Baptist Church – Worship will be live-streamed at willowparkbaptist.churchonilne.org or facebook.com/WillowParkBaptistChurch.
- Aledo ISD – Classes are canceled for the two weeks following spring break. Classes will resume on April 6 pending further notice. https://www.aledoisd.org
- Weatherford College – Spring Break is extended one week. Employees will work remotely March 23-27. https://www.wc.edu
- Weatherford ISD – Spring break will be extended for two weeks. All classes and extracurricular events are canceled. Classes will resume on April 6. The Weatherford High School prom, scheduled for April 2, will be rescheduled. https://www.weatherfordisd.com
Updated March 23, 2020
- Annetta’s March City Council meeting has been canceled. https://www.annettatx.org
- Parker County Democratic Party is still holding its county convention on a “pro forma” basis at 9 a.m. Saturday, March 21 in the parking lot at Curtis Elementary School in Weatherford. Delegates are encouraged not to attend, but instead to pre-register as a delegate and submit resolutions through the state party’s online system. Kay Parr
- Parker County Cases:
- Vehicle Registration – Governor Abbott has waived certain vehicle registration, titling, and parking placard regulations. Online vehicle registration is still available.
- Weatherford is postponing all public city events. The city will remain open to provide critical services. http://www.weatherfordtx.gov
- Aledo ISD information Page
- Center for Disease Control
- Emotional Well Being from Texas A&M AgriLife Today
- Johns Hopkins University COVID-19 coronavirus tracker
- Medical City Weatherford has created a screening questionnaire based on CDC guidelines to help you determine the most appropriate level of care for you. – Weatherford Chamber of Commerce
- Medium – Detailed charts and statistical information about the spread of the disease and projections
- Older Adults – This video from the CDC provides information specifically for older adults.
- Plains Capital Bank has shared a web page on how to avoid coronavirus scams that are popping up.
- Restaurants: Texas Restaurant Association responds to the disaster declaration.
- Texas – tracking Covid 19 cases county-by-county.
- World Health Organization
- Center of Hope will have drive-through assistance from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday-Thursday for groceries (basic dry goods pre-packaged for pick up only) and financial assistance for utilities and prescriptions. There will not be classes or tutoring this week. https://centerofhopetx.com
- Child Advocacy Center of Parker County will limit time in the office and staffing until further notice. 682-615-1992
- Hearts Full of Love is asking food recipients to park normally, then have one person exit the vehicle and wait for assistance. https://heartsfulloflove.org/ministries/
Bistro 1031 is offering a 10 percent discount on to-go items.
Your Personal Chef in Aledo has suspended special orders but is expanding daily production. The daily menu can be found on their Facebook page. Call ahead (817-926-2762) or send a Facebook message for curbside service.
- East Parker County Chamber of Commerce Resource Page
- Fort Worth – The City of Fort Worth has compiled a web page with numerous resources for small businesses.
- Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce is offering a series of Facebook Live events to assist small business owners.
- IRS has established a special section focused on steps to help taxpayers, businesses and others affected by the coronavirus. – Weatherford Chamber of Commerce
- Small Business Administration – The SBA is providing disaster assistance loans to businesses affected by Covid 19. – Weatherford Chamber of Commerce