- This event has passed.
Auditions – You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown
June 4 @ 6:30 pm
An event every day that begins at 6:30 pm, repeating until June 4, 2019
Theatre off the Square will hold auditions for its upcoming presentation of “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown” at 6:30 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, June 3-4, in the Green Room at 114 North Denton Street in Weatherford.
Celebrating its 50th Anniversary, “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown” (Revised) is a fresh approach to the all-time 1967 classic, based on the beloved comic strip by Charles Schultz. Sally Brown joins Charlie Brown, Linus, Lucy, Schroeder, and Snoopy in this revue of vignettes and songs. Two new songs, “Beethoven Day” and “My New Philosophy,” have been added to the twelve numbers from the original version, which include “My Blanket and Me,” “The Baseball Game,” “Little Known Facts,” “Suppertime,” and “Happiness.”
All roles are available to all races and ethnicities from ages 18 – 50:
- Charlie Brown: Male Baritone, Range B-flat2 to F4; a sometimes optimistic, sometimes self-deprecatory lovable loser who will one day get the little red haired girl to notice him, get his kite to fly, and pitch one winning baseball game.
- Sally Brown: Female Soprano, Range B3 to A-flat5; a highly articulate, charismatic, lovable, sometimes eccentric and argumentative younger sister to Charlie Brown.
- Linus Van Pelt: Male Baritone, Range B-flat2 to E4; the thumb-sucking, blanket-dependent younger brother to Lucy. The irony with Linus is that he appears at once to be a 5-year-old but is really the most educated character in the bunch.
- Lucy Van Pelt: Female Alto/Mezzo, Range G3 to Fsharp5; the bullish, manipulative, self-important older sister to Linus who bosses Charlie Brown around and perpetually offers arm-chair psychiatric advice for her rate of five cents.
- Snoopy: Male Tenor, Range C3 – A4; a clownish, vaudevillian scene stealer who can really “sell it.” Snoopy is at once a dog with many animal behaviors, but can dance circles around everyone else.
- Schroeder: Male Tenor, Range B-flat2 to A-flat4; Lucy’s love interest; spends most of his time practicing the piano. His love is his piano and Beethoven. Schroeder comes out and shines in his one number, “Beethoven Day,” which can be a show stopper (he does not actually play the piano).
Auditions will consist of cold reading from the script. Also, please prepare 16 – 32 measures in the style of the show. It is preferred not to sing songs from the show, but if you do want to sing a song from the show, please do not sing in a “character” voice, just show how you naturally sing. Please bring a prerecorded backing track in the correct key and an appropriate playback device (phone, MP3 player, CD player, etc.). A speaker and aux cord will be provided, but not an accompanist. A cappella auditions will not be accepted.
Go to auditions familiar with the music; the entire soundtrack is on YouTube and Spotify.
Be prepared with a list of any and all conflicts from July 1 – Sept. 22. Do not let conflicts discourage you from auditioning.
Rehearsal Dates: July 1 – Sept. 5, 2019
Performance Dates: Weekends, Sept. 6 – 22, 2019.
For more information, call 817-341-8687 or visit theatreoffthesquare.org.