The Community News • P.O. Box 1031 • 203 Pecan Dr. • Aledo, TX 76008 • 817-441-7661 • FAX: 817-441-5419
- News About...
- Schools and Sports
- How to
- Read Online
City of Hudson Oaks
210 North Lakeshore Drive
Hudson Oaks, Texas 76087
Regular City Council Meeting
April 26, 2012
CITY COUNCIL SESSION 7:00 P.M.
Call to order
PLEDGES OF ALLEGIANCE
1. I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
2. Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible.
1. National Public Service Recognition Week, May 6-12
2. National Public Works Week, May 20-26
3. National Police Week, May 13-19
A. CITIZEN COMMENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Citizens who have signed a form to speak to the City Council will be heard at this time. In compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, unless the subject matter of the presentation is on the agenda, the city staff and City Council members are prevented from discussing the subject and may respond only with statements of factual information or existing city policy.
B. ITEMS OF COMMUNITY INTEREST
Items of community interest include expressions of thanks, congratulations, or condolence; information regarding holiday schedules; honorary recognitions of city officials, employees or citizens; reminders about upcoming events sponsored by the city or other entity that is scheduled to be attended by a city official or employee; and announcements involving imminent threats to the public health and safety.
C. CONSENT AGENDA
1. Consideration of the Regular City Council Meeting Minutes for March 22, 2012
2. Consideration of the Planning & Zoning Commission-City Council Joint Meeting Minutes for February 23, 2012
3. Consideration of the City of Hudson Oaks, City of Weatherford, and Parker County Commissioners Joint Special Meeting Minutes for April 2, 2012
4. Consideration of Minute Order 2012-09, excusing Mayor Pat Deen’s absence from the March 22, 2012 Meeting
D. ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION
1. Consideration of Ordinance 2012-06, authorizing the issuance, sale and delivery of up to $2,925,000 in aggregate principal amount of “City of Hudson Oaks, Texas certificates of obligations, Series 2012”; securing the payment thereof by authorizing the levy of an annual ad valorem tax and a pledge of certain surplus revenues of the city’s waterworks and sewer system; and approving and authorizing the execution of a paying agent/registrar agreement, a purchase contract, an official statement and all other instruments and procedures related thereto
2. Consideration of Minute Order 2012-10, approving the trade of one vehicle and the purchase of two new vehicles (Police Department)
3. Consideration of Ordinance 2012-07, amending Section 13.090.009 of the Code of Ordinances regarding water conservation drought stages
4. Consideration of Ordinance 2012-08, amending the FY2012 budget
5. Consideration of Ordinance 2012-09, amending Article 4.03 “Alcoholic Beverages” of the Hudson Oaks Code of Ordinances
6. Consideration of Resolution 2012-03, supporting a plan to amortize and terminate non-conforming uses in the city
E. PUBLIC HEARINGS AND RELATED ITEMS
1. Public hearing/discussion/consideration on approval of Ordinance 2012-04, on a request for re-zoning from “General Commercial” to “Planned Development” on 6.316 acres being Lot 3, Block 3 and Lot 4, Block 3 in the Highland Park Addition, City of Hudson Oaks, Parker County, Texas
2. Public hearing/discussion/consideration on approval of Ordinance 2012-05, amending the Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance as it relates to certain businesses that sell alcohol
F. STAFF/COUNCIL REPORTS
1. Police Department monthly activity report
2. Financial Dashboard monthly report
3. Emergency Service District #3 report
G. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
In compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Council Members may request that matters of public concern be placed on a future agenda. Council Members may not discuss non-agenda items among themselves. In compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, city staff members may respond to questions from Council members only with statements of factual information or existing city policy.
H. EXECUTIVE SESSION
Pursuant to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, the Council reserves the right to convene in Executive Session(s), from time to time as deemed necessary during this meeting to receive legal advice from its attorney on any posted agenda item as permitted by law, or to discuss the following:
1. Pending or contemplated litigation or to seek the advice of the City Attorney pursuant to Section 551.071
a. Non-conforming uses
b. Hudson Hills Development
c. US180 & Lakeshore
d. Highland Addition Developers Agreement
2. Discussion regarding possible purchase, exchange, lease, or value of real property pursuant to Section 551.072
a. Hudson Hills Development
3. Deliberation regarding gifts or donations to the City pursuant to Section 551.073
4. Personnel matters pursuant to Section 551.074 (to deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment or duties, discipline or dismissal of a public officer or employee)
a. City Secretary’s Retirement
5. Deliberation regarding security pursuant to Section 551.076
6. Deliberation regarding economic development negotiations pursuant to Section 551.087
a. Hudson Hills Development
b. US180 & Lakeshore
c. Highland Addition Developers Agreement
I. DISCUSSION/ACTION ON ITEMS DISCUSSED IN EXECUTIVE SESSION
I, Sheila Elmore, hereby certify that notice of the above meeting was posted on the front door of the City Hall of the City of Hudson Oaks, a place readily accessible to the public at all times, on the 20th day of April 2012 at 5:00 p.m., and it remained continuously posted for at least seventy-two (72) hours immediately preceding said meeting, and that said meeting and that said notice was posted in accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking spaces are available, requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made forty-eight (48) hours prior to this meeting, please contact the city secretary at 682-229-2425 or fax 682-229-2429 for further information. The city attorney reserves the right to take agenda item(s) into executive session.