- News About...
- Schools and Sports
- How to
- Read Online
Aledo volunteer firefighters responded to a mutual aid call yesterday in Benbrook to assist in fighting a house fire in the 1100 block of Park Center. Firefighters from nearby Johnson and Tarrant counties also assisted in the blaze.
The call was made to 911 after city workers down the street noticed smoke billowing from the roof of the house. No one was home at the time and rescuers were able to save the family pets; two dogs and a parrot.
According to Benbrook Public Information Officer, Sgt. John Van Ness, approximately $90,000 was the total amount of damage sustained to the house. There is no word on how the fire started.
Van Ness also said a firefighter was taken to the hospital for heat exhaustion. He was treated and released.