The Community News • P.O. Box 1031 • 203 Pecan Dr. • Aledo, TX 76008 • 817-441-7661 • FAX: 817-441-5419
- News About...
- Schools and Sports
- How to
- Read Online
City of Hudson Oaks
210 North Lakeshore Drive
Hudson Oaks, Texas 76087
Regular City Council Meeting
July 28, 2011
REGULAR SESSION 7:00 P.M.
Call to order
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible
A. CITIZEN COMMENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Citizens who have signed a form to speak to the City Council will be heard at this time. In compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, unless the subject matter of the presentation is on the agenda, the city staff and City Council members are prevented from discussing the subject and may respond only with statements of factual information or existing city policy.
B. ITEMS OF COMMUNITY INTEREST
Items of community interest include expressions of thanks, congratulations, or condolence; information regarding holiday schedules; honorary recognitions of city officials, employees or citizens; reminders about upcoming events sponsored by the city or other entity that is scheduled to be attended by a city official or employee; and announcements involving imminent threats to the public health and safety.
C. CONSENT AGENDA
1. Consideration of the Regular City Council Meeting Minutes for June 23, 2011
2. Consideration of Minute Order 2011-20, adopting an interlocal agreement with Weatherford College for fire academies to be held at the City’s Public Safety Building
D. ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION
1. Consideration of Minute Order 2011-21, appointing a Mayor Pro-Tem for 2011-12
2. Consideration of Minute Order 2011-22, appointing the Comprehensive Planning Advisory Committee (CPAC)
E. PUBLIC HEARING AND RELATED ITEMS
F. STAFF/COUNCIL REPORTS
1. Police Department monthly activity report
2. Financial Dashboard
3. Sexually oriented business regulations and zoning
G. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
In compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Council Members may request that matters of public concern be placed on a future agenda. Council Members may not discuss non-agenda items among themselves. In compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, city staff members may respond to questions from Council members only with statements of factual information or existing city policy.
H. EXECUTIVE SESSION
Pursuant to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, the Council reserves the right to convene in Executive Session(s), from time to time as deemed necessary during this meeting to receive legal advice from its attorney on any posted agenda item as permitted by law, or to discuss the following:
1. Pending or contemplated litigation or to seek the advice of the City Attorney pursuant to Section 551.071
2. Discussion regarding possible purchase, exchange, lease, or value of real property pursuant to Section 551.072
3. Deliberation regarding gifts or donations to the City pursuant to Section 551.073
4. Personnel matters pursuant to Section 551.074 (to deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment or duties, discipline or dismissal of a public officer or employee)
5. Deliberation regarding security pursuant to Section 551.076
6. Deliberation regarding economic development negotiations pursuant to Section 551.087
I. DISCUSSION/ACTION ON ITEMS DISCUSSED IN EXECUTIVE SESSION
I, Sheila Elmore, hereby certify that notice of the above meeting was posted on the front door of the City Hall of the City of Hudson Oaks, a place readily accessible to the public at all times, on the 22nd day of July 2011 at 5:00 p.m., and it remained continuously posted for at least seventy-two 72 hours immediately preceding said meeting, and that said meeting and that said notice was posted in accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking spaces are available, requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made forty-eight 48 hours prior to this meeting, please contact the city secretary at 682-229-2425 or fax 682-229-2429 for further information. The city attorney reserves the right to take agenda item(s) into executive session.