AHS Ladycats vs. Springtown at Aledo;
Varsity, 6:30 p.m.
JV, 5 p.m.
9th, 5 p.m.
The tenth annual Marva Collins Awards will be at 7 p.m. Monday, May 2 at the Aledo High School auditorium.
Since the awards’ inception in 2000, The Reilly Family Foundation has provided the $10,000 annual prize to the Aledo ISD’s top teacher, selected following an extensive interview process with a panel of judges.
In subsequent years cash awards have been added by sponsors to honor outstanding additional personnel in the educational process.
This year’s awards will be:
• Marva Collins Teaching Excellence Teacher of the Year – The Reilly Family Foundation
• Secondary Teacher of the Year – Faulk Company
• Intermediate Teacher of the Year – Jim Hardick Family
• Elementary Teacher of the Year – First Financial Bank
• Beginning Teacher of the Year – F. Howard and Mary D. Walsh
• Paraprofessional and Child Nutrition – Moritz/Hardick
• Transportation/Mainten-ance – Buford-Thompson Company
• Technology – VLK Architects, Inc.