AHS Ladycats at Nolan Catholic;
Varsity, 6:30 p.m.
JV, 5 p.m.
9th, 5 p.m.
Regular City Council Meeting Agenda for February 24, 2011
City of Hudson Oaks
210 North Lakeshore Drive
Hudson Oaks, Texas 76087
Regular City Council Meeting
February 24, 2011
WORKSHOP SESSION 6:30 P.M.
Call to order
1. Presentation and discussion on draft of revised Strategic Plan
2. Discussion of items listed on the City Council Regular Session agenda
REGULAR SESSION 7:00 P.M. (or at the conclusion of the Workshop Session)
Call to order
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
1. I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
2. Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible.
1. American Red Cross Month
A. CITIZEN COMMENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Citizens who have signed a form to speak to the City Council will be heard at this time. In
compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, unless the subject matter of the
presentation is on the agenda, the city staff and City Council members are prevented from
discussing the subject and may respond only with statements of factual information or
existing city policy.
B. ITEMS OF COMMUNITY INTEREST
Items of community interest include expressions of thanks, congratulations, or condolence;
information regarding holiday schedules; honorary recognitions of city officials, employees
or citizens; reminders about upcoming events sponsored by the city or other entity that is
scheduled to be attended by a city official or employee; and announcements involving
imminent threats to the public health and safety.
C. CONSENT AGENDA
1. Consideration of the Regular City Council Meeting Minutes for January 27, 2011
2. Consideration of Resolution 2011-01, calling the May 14, 2011 General Election to elect officers; designating polling places; appointing election judges; providing procedures for the conduct of the election; approving a joint election with Parker County; and providing an effective date.
3. Consideration of Minute Order 2011-01, accepting a contract with the Parker County Elections Administrator for the purpose of conducting said General Election and authorizing the Mayor to execute this contract.
4. Consideration of Minute Order 2011-02, adopting an interlocal cooperative purchasing agreement by and between the City of Hudson Oaks and the City of Breckenridge, Texas.
D. ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION
1. Consideration of Minute Order 2011-03, approving a well monitoring agreement with Upper Trinity Groundwater Conservation District.
2. Consideration of Minute Order 2011-04, adopting an interlocal agreement between the cities of Hudson Oaks and Weatherford for the provision of animal care and control services.
3. Consideration of Minute Order 2011-05 approving the list of surplus property and authorizing disposition through auction
E. PUBLIC HEARING AND RELATED ITEMS
F. STAFF/COUNCIL REPORTS
1. Police Department monthly activity report and annual racial profiling report
2. Financial Dashboard Report
3. Report regarding draft of a new animal care and control ordinance
G. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
In compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Council Members may request that matters of public concern be placed on a future agenda. Council Members may not discuss non-agenda items among themselves. In compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, city staff members may respond to questions from Council members only with statements of factual information or existing city policy.
H. EXECUTIVE SESSION
Pursuant to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, the Council reserves the right to convene in Executive Session(s), from time to time as deemed necessary during this meeting to receive legal advice from its attorney on any posted agenda item as permitted by law, or to discuss the following:
1. Pending or contemplated litigation or to seek the advice of the City Attorney pursuant to Section 551.071
2. Discussion regarding possible purchase, exchange, lease, or value of real property pursuant to Section 551.072
3. Deliberation regarding gifts or donations to the City pursuant to Section 551.073
4. Personnel matters pursuant to Section 551.074 (to deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment or duties, discipline or dismissal of a public officer or employee)
5. Deliberation regarding security pursuant to Section 551.076
6. Deliberation regarding economic development negotiations pursuant to Section 551.087
I. DISCUSSION/ACTION ON ITEMS DISCUSSED IN EXECUTIVE SESSION