The Community News • P.O. Box 1031 • 203 Pecan Dr. • Aledo, TX 76008 • 817-441-7661 • FAX: 817-441-5419
- News About...
- Schools and Sports
- How to
- Read Online
Aledo Drought Contingency Plan, Stage I
• Watering with hose-end sprinklers or irrigation systems is limited to Sundays and Thursdays for customers with a street address ending in an even number (0, 2, 4, 6 or 8), and Saturdays and Wednesdays for water customers with a street address ending in an odd number (1, 3, 5, 7 or 9); irrigation of landscaped areas is further limited to the hours of 4 a.m. to 8 a.m. and between 8 p.m. to 11:59 p.m. on designated watering days. However, irrigation of landscaped areas is permitted at anytime if it is by means of a hand-held hose, a faucet filled bucket or watering can of five (5) gallons or less, or drip irrigation system.
• No washing of motor vehicles, except on designated watering days between the hours of 8 p.m. and 10 a.m. Washing of vehicles shall be done with a hand-held bucket or hose equipped with a positive shutoff nozzle. Vehicle washing is permitted any time on the immediate premises of a commercial car wash or service station.
• No filling of swimming pools, except on designated watering days between the hours of 8 p.m. and 10 a.m.
• No operation of ornamental fountains or ponds, except when there is a recirculation system.
• Restaurants shall not serve water, except upon the request of patrons.
•No washing of buildings/structures, sidewalks, walkways, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts or other hard-surfaced areas.
• No use of water for dust control and flushing gutters or water running in any gutter or street.
• Repair a controllable leak(s) within a reasonable period after having been given notice directing the repair of such leak(s).
For more information, call Aledo City Hall at 817-441-7016.