The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory that includes Parker County and remains in effect until 6 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 21.
- WHAT…Freezing rain is expected. Total ice accumulations of up to 1/10 of an inch are possible.
- WHERE…Portions of North Texas from Cisco to Weatherford to Sherman and areas to the north and west.
- WHEN…Until 6 p.m. CST Wednesday.
- ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Ice accumulations up to 1/10 of an inch will result in dangerous travel conditions, especially on elevated roads and bridges.
The National Weather Service in Fort Worth has issued a Flood Advisory for Minor Flooding in Poor Drainage Areas for Parker County in north central Texas until 10 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 20.
A Flood Watch issued by the National Weather Service remains in effect through Wednesday evening, Feb. 21.
Multiple rounds of moderate to heavy rainfall are expected through late Wednesday. A Flood Watch will remain in effect for areas along and east of a line from Gainesville to Stephenville to Gatesville from now through Wednesday evening.
• Rainfall totals of 2 to 4 inches with localized amounts of 6 inches.
• Flooding will be possible in low lying areas, creeks, rivers, and any other flood-prone areas.
A Flood Watch means that conditions are favorable for heavy rain which may lead to flooding of low lying areas. You should monitor the latest forecasts from the National Weather Service and be prepared to take action should Flood Warnings be issued for your area.