“We’re Here for You” is a periodic and light-hearted look at why we feel The Community News is your best choice for local news.
Tony Eierdam, sports editor at The Community News, is passionate about covering sports. In fact, as we speak, he is in Bastrop covering Aledo boys at the state golf tournament.
But check out where all he has been recently:
- March 20 – doubleheader (girls and boys) bi-district soccer playoffs at Denton
- March 31 – Girls playoff soccer in the afternoon at Northwest; traveled back to Aledo that night to cover boys playoff soccer
- April 3 – District tennis Fort Worth
- April 4 – Started off in morning at TCU for district tennis finals; from there to Mineral Wells for boys playoff soccer; then to Haslet to Eaton High School for girls soccer playoff that night.
- April 7-8– Regional soccer tournament at Wichita Falls
- April 13 – Started in Georgetown for girls state semifinals soccer; ended up at Northwest High School to cover the finals of the area track meet
- April 15 – Returned to Georgetown to cover girls state championship soccer match
- April 26 – girls softball playoff at Denison
- April 28-29– Regional track meet in Lubbock
- May 19-20 – On 19th he traveled to Odessa for playoff softball regional semifinals; the next morning he woke up early and drove from Odessa to Fort Worth to cover boys baseball regional quarterfinals playoff game 3
- May 22-23 – Boys state golf tournament at Bastrop (Austin).
You may think you’re getting local sports coverage when the free “Brand Ex” paper shows up in your mailbox. But quite honestly, they hardly even make it to the home games.
We can’t be everywhere, but we sure try. And here’s the thing: the gasoline, the motel rooms and the meals are not free. For that matter, neither is Tony!
Good journalism is worth paying for! Subscribe to The Community News. Or pick up a copy Thursday afternoon, and read all about your Bearcats and Ladycats – from someone who was there!
We’re Here For You!